Monday, August 15, 2011

Sauteed Cabbage

1/3 to 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
1/2 small onion, sliced thinly
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
olive oil
2 T honey
1-2 teaspoons mustard seed
salt and pepper

In a skillet over medium heat, saute the oninon about 5 minutes until tender. Add cabbage and saute until wilted about 5-10 minutes. Add vinegar and stir to cover, then add honey and stir to cover. Season with the mustard seed, salt and pepper to taste. Cook another ten minutes stirring occasionally.

Comments: I made this recipe to use up cabbage in the refrigerator and because cabbage has some definite positive nutritional qualities. However, this really isn't my favorite dish. That being said, I think if you like cabbage, you will like this dish (and it makes a "pretty" addition to the table). I will probably make again if I have more cabbage to use up, but would not buy cabbage to make this specifically. This makes a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...