Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

We had two lonely sweet potatoes hanging out in the refrigerator after the Thanksgiving holiday and I thought I'd try a quick side dish to use them up. This was really good and super easy to do.




Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 to 1/3 cup milk, organic preferably and from grass-fed cows even more preferably
2 tbsp. organic butter from grass-fed cows
1/2 tbsp. cinnamon (or more to taste)
1/4 cup maple sugar
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, try this one
Sea salt & pepper to taste

How To:
In a large saucepan, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water. Cook about 15 to 20 minutes until soft. Drain and combine with all remaining ingredients in a bowl and mash (using a food mill, hand masher, or hand mixer).

Comments: This side dish is not as sweet as the Pecan Sweet Potato Bake, but still very good and a super easy, nutritious side dish.
 
Follow me on Facebook or Google Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...