Friday, January 20, 2012

Corn Cakes II

The corn cakes we made last week were so delicious my husband wanted them for every meal. Well, that didn't happen, but I did make them again tonight with chili and he thought this second version so much more delicious that I just had to present the variation. The only reason there was a variance is that I was out of ingredients needed to make the other version exactly the same, I was in a hurry, and had a million other things going on. So, the result is this variation (tastier, more delicious) corn cakes.


Ingredients:
1 cup corn meal
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3-1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
1 cup corn kernels (if using canned or frozen, drain/rinse as applicable)
2 tbsp. melted butter
3 pasture eggs
1/4 cup raw milk
2 tbsp. coconut sugar
Sea salt and pepper, to taste (about half a tsp. each, maybe a little more salt)
A little expeller-pressed coconut oil, lard, tallow, palm oil, or ghee to fry your cakes

How To:
Combine all ingredients (except the oil or ghee to fry) in a medium bowl. Heat oil/ghee over medium heat. Add heaping spoonfuls of corn mixture into pan and fry about five minutes per side until browned and cooked through. You may want/need to press down on the cakes after flipping (I did because I'm impatient).


Comments: I used a combo of ghee and oil to fry my corn cakes. I also sprinkled a dried hot pepper mixture on to the uncooked sides of several of the cakes to make a spicier version for husband. Really, really good and awesome with chili.

Follow me on Facebook or Google+!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...