Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chicken with Garden Vegetables

You will truly appreciate the flavors of your summer garden in this meal.


 
Ingredients:
About 1 cup spelt flour
About 1/2 cup grated parmesan and/or Romano cheese
4 small to medium boneless pasture raised chicken breasts
An assortment (about 3-4 cups) of garden vegetables (onions, peppers, zucchini, squash, corn, tomatoes, etc.)
Olive oil or coconut oil (to cook the chicken and vegetables, about 1 cup total)
Sea salt, pepper, and a little bit of hot pepper flakes (optional)

How To:
1. Mix the flour and cheese, then dredge the chicken through it. Fry over medium heat in a large frying pan removing pieces of chicken as they finish and resting on a plate lined with paper towels. Cook all chicken. 
 
2. While your chicken is cooking, chop (in bite sized pieces) your vegetables. I used about 4 small bell peppers, 1 large onion, 2 large tomatoes, half a zucchini, and about a cup of corn.
 
3. When the chicken is done (time will depend on the thickness), let it rest and add the garden vegetables to the pan as well as seasonings. Stir to mix, being sure to scrape the chicken bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook about five minutes, stirring, until done.

4. Serve a piece of chicken with vegetables on top or on the side or cut your chicken into bite sized pieces and mix all together.

Comments: This was really fantastic and so very simple to make. I highly recommend. A couple of tips, I actually used two pans to cook four pieces of chicken simultaneously, for speed, and I also "pounded" the chicken flat before dredging because I like a thinner piece (and also cooking time is quicker). We originally served our chicken with vegetables on the side but then I used scissors to cut the remaining chicken into strips and combined with the vegetables for another meal. My picture is of the "leftover" meal and does not do this justice!!

Follow me on Facebook or Google Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...